Turkey Stuffed PoblanosPrep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes: 3-5 Servings
Pre-heat oven to 350º
- 6 poblano peppers
- 1/2 lb. of ground turkey meat
- 1 cup of chopped kale, wash and pat dry on paper towels
- 1/2 cup of La Preferida Black Beans**
- 1/2 cup of La Preferida Sweet Corn
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 can La Preferida Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 1 pkt. of La Preferida Fajita/Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp. of La Preferida Chipotle Peppers, blended
- 1/2 onion (med.), diced
- 1 Tbsp. of garlic, minced
*organic option available
*low sodium option available
Slice poblano peppers in half, lengthwise. Add one tsp. of La Preferida Olive Oil to each poblano pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet cut side up and bake for five minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Keep oven on.
Sauté onions, garlic, and add fajita or taco seasoning—do not burn. Add turkey meat, mix well, and taste for seasoning—make sure turkey meat is cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
Combine turkey with black beans, kale, and corn. Stir to combine. Stuff each pepper with the meat mixture. Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. you still want a bit of a crunch in the peppers.
In the meantime…
Heat up La Preferida Cheddar Cheese Sauce over low heat and fold in chipotles. Add more if you desire the heat level to raise. Set aside.
Transfer the peppers to a plate, top with sauce and garnish with cilantro and serve with rice. Enjoy!