4.9 de 5 estrellas (basado en 67 reseñas)
UPC CODE: 0 71524 01013 4
Lard Nutritional Info
- WHAT IS LARD? Lard is made from pork fat. The process called "rendering" helps to separate the fat from the meat through a slow cooking process. You can render your own lard at home with a fatty piece of meat and a large pan.
- RICH FLAVOR PROFILE Although it is made from pork fat, lard has a neutral taste. It is savory and can impart a very slight smoky flavor. Many chefs swear by it for flakey, buttery biscuits and pie crusts.
- QUICK AND EASY USES Lard can add rich flavor without watering down a recipe. Use in place of shortening for baking savory items such as biscuits. Mix with corn flour and water to make 'masa' for tamales. Use as a base for frying chicken or steak. It's also commonly used for traditional refried beans.
- BENEFITS OF LARD Since lard is solid at room temperature and has a high smoke point, it is ideal for baking or frying. The thicker consistency will keep dough moist while baking and it can also withstand a reasonable amount of heat without burning.
- MADE WITH SIMPLE INGREDIENTS No artificial coloring and no salt added.
HOW TO USE LARD
- Use in place of butter or shortening in both sweet and savory baked goods - pie crusts, biscuits, cookies etc.
- Heat to a liquid and use to fry chicken, steaks, potatoes.
- Mix with corn flour and water to make Masa for tamales.
- Add to refried bean recipes for richer flavor.