For the Brine (optional):
- 2 cups of water
- 5 Tbsp. Salt
- 5 cups of ice cubes
For the Salmon:
- 4 – 5 oz salmon fillets, skinless
- 1 pkt. La Preferida Organic Al Pastor Taco Seasoning
- La Preferida Olive Oil
- 4 sheets of aluminum (12×17) lightly oiled on one side
- ½ cup La Preferida Organic Salsa Verde
For the Hash:
- 3 Tbsp. La Preferida Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1lb. baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup butternut squash, medium dice
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded, sliced thin
- 1 cup La Preferida Organic Pico de Gallo Salsa
Bring water to a boil, add salt, and allow to dissolve. Remove from heat and stir in ice until cool. Pour mixture into ziplock bag or deep dish container. Place salmon in brine and let sit for 20 min (no longer or it will get mushy.)
Preheat oven to 375 F. On a large plate, empty out Al Pastor seasoning and use it to coat the salmon evenly on all sides.
In a large bowl, combine olive oil and salt. Fold in potatoes, squash, poblano, and pico de gallo – mix well.
Place salmon fillet on top of pre-oiled foil. Spoon potato hash mixture around salmon. Fold the sides of the foil to meet in the middle and seal the edges closed to form a pouch. Keep seam side up.
Place foil packets on large baking sheet and bake for approx. 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Use a large metal spatula to transfer the pouches to plates and serve with Salsa Verde.