- Personal Information Collected;
- How We Use Your Information;
- When And With Whom We Share Your Information;
- How Long Do We Retain Your Information;
- Children’s Personal Data;
- User Preferences With Respect To Cookies And Other Tracking Technologies;
- Choices Available To You;
- Contacting Us.
1. Personal Information Collected. We may collect personal data about you from various sources including the following:
- Online and electronic interactions with us through our Sites.
- Offline interactions with us including direct marketing promotions, coupon sign-up forms,
newsletter sign-up forms, contact us forms and other similar programs.
- Your interaction with online targeted content (such as advertisements) that We, or service providers
on our behalf, provide to you through third-party websites or other social media.
The personal information We collect may include your name, e-mail address and the computer or device you use to access our Site. We may also collect your birth date or age, telephone number and address.
You can view our Sites and access certain content without registering or opening an account. You may subscribe to receive recipes, cooking tips, coupons, promotions and offers.
When you participate in interactive features on our Sites, including obtaining or exchanging recipes, you may provide us with certain personal information such as e-mail address, place of residency, or submit content such as recipes, comments or pictures.
Tracking Options And California Do Not Track Disclosures. Certain portions of our Sites require cookies and other technologies. You are free to set your internet browser settings to stop accepting new cookies, to receive notice when you receive a new cookie, to disable existing cookies, and to omit images. On your mobile devices, you can adjust your privacy settings to control whether you want to receive certain advertising. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Sites or take full advantage of our content and promotions. We ask that you review your web browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Information Collected From Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, public databases, or social networks that you use to access our Sites. This information may include your name, demographical information, interests, online activity and shopping behavior. We may combine this information with the information We collect from you to improve our communications to you and your use of our Sites.
Information We Collect Through Automated Means. When you access the Sites, We collect certain information by automated means. This information may include the following: (a) technical information about your
computer or device you use to access the Sites, such as your e-mail address, device type, browser and other technical information (collectively “Technical Information”); and (b) the frequency of your usage or interaction with our Sites including content accessed, time you spent on the Sites, search inquiries and other information relating to your use of the Site (collectively “Usage Data”).
This Technical Information and Usage Data is collected through the use of server logs and tracking technologies including: (i) cookies, which are small pieces of code that websites send to your computer or device to uniquely identify your browser or mobile device or to store information in your browser setting; and (ii) web beacons which are small objects which allow us to measure actions of users using the Sites.
In this way, We may automatically collect information such as your browser type, operating system, computer type and carrier, internet service provider, and e-mail address. We may also collect information about your use of and interaction with the Sites. Collecting this information, and linking it with your personal information, assists us to modify our Sites and improve your online experience by saving your preferences when you are visiting a particular Site. It also helps identify the Site features, recipes, advertisements and promotions which may be of interest to you.
2. How We Use Your Information. We may use information about you to contact you from time to time, including for any of the following purposes: (a) to send a newsletter if you indicate an interest in receiving it; (b) to advertise on Facebook and other social media sites to promote our products; (c) to improve our Sites; (d) conduct analysis to improve our Sites and products and to understand our customers; (e) to make promotional offers and provide communications and information about La Preferida and its products; (f) to use your data in a general non- specific format for analytical and demographic purposes; and (g) as otherwise described herein.
3. When And With Whom Do We Share Your Information. We do not sell or otherwise share your personal information about out Site users, except as described herein. We do not share personal information with unaffiliated third parties.
We may also share your e-mail address with a third party, such as a media agency hired by us to send you promotions on our behalf. We may conduct cooperative promotions with other companies. We may share with our promotional partners (and their service providers), certain personal information as necessary to perform the promotion. We will not share this information with our promotional partners for any other purpose unless you consent to such sharing.
Links To Other Websites. The Sites may contain links to other websites. We provide these links solely for your convenience and information. Those other sites have different privacy practices. Please check the privacy notice of the specific site you are visiting to understand the privacy practice of that site. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of third party sites.
in which case We may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you. This allows specific information to become anonymous, but it allows us to keep the statistical data. This retention of data will allow us to maintain a level of information that helps develop and improve our products.
5. Children’s Personal Data. We do not knowing solicit or collect personal data from children below the age 13. If We discover that We have accidently collected personal data from a child below 13, We will remove the child’s personal data from our records as soon as reasonably possible. We may collect personal data about children below the age of 13 years of age from a parent or a guardian directly with their consent.
7. Choices Available To You. You can choose to opt-out of receiving promotional and marketing materials about La Preferida and can do so as follows: (a) following the directions for opt-out in the promotional or marketing communication; or (b) contacting La Preferida and informing digital content specialist/privacy representative that you do not want to receive promotional or marketing materials. You can set your browser to limit or reject cookies and send a Do Not Track signal to the websites you visit. If you note any inaccuracies in your personal data, you have the right in certain situations to notify La Preferida and request that We rectify the information for future promotional and marketing materials.
Please note that We store information as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue retaining use information even after a request for purposes of our legitimate interest, including to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and prevent fraud or injury. We may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
European Privacy Rights. Our Sites are intended for use by persons in the United States and Canada. If you are a data subject in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have the right to access, rectify or erase any personal data We have collected about you through our online services. You have the right to object to our processing of personal data We have collected about you through the Sites. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing We do based on consent you have provided to us. To exercise any of these rights, contact us as set forth in the “Contacting Us” section below and specify which right you intend to exercise. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity.
By Mail: La Preferida, Inc. 3400 W. 35th Street Chicago, IL 60632
Attn: Digital Content Specialist/Privacy 3
By E-mail: email@example.com
By Phone: (773) 254-7200.
If you believe your personal information has not been handled correctly, you may file a complaint with La Preferida using the contact information listed above, and We will respond to let you know We will be reviewing the matter and when you can expect a further response. We may request additional details from you concerning your concerns and may need to consult with other parties in order to investigate and address your issue. We may keep records of your request and any resolution.
Effective Date: June 15, 2018