Thai Jasmine Rice
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
UPC CODE: 0 71524 13004 7
Thai Jasmine Rice Nutritional Info
- WHY USE JASMINE RICE?
Jasmine Rice is a long grain rice which means the grains are 4-5x longer than the width. When cooked, it is very fluffy and slightly sticky and soft in texture. The grains tend to stick together more than they would in an American Long Grain Rice. This makes an ideal rice to use as a base for a soups/ stews, curries, and stir fry.
- VERSATILE PRODUCT
Used in a variety of cultures and cooking styles. Our Thai Jasmine rice has a distinct aromatic smell that some say resembles popcorn. Its mildly sweet and nutty flavor means it can stand alone as flavorful side dish.
- MADE WITH SIMPLE INGREDIENTS
Our Thai Jasmine Rice is made with just one simple ingredient, rice! Free from artificial colors or preservatives. No salt added. Kosher
- ECONOMICAL CHOICE
Our long grain rices are a cost-effective solution since they come in servings of 20+ per bag, not to mention much less sodium than boxed varieties.
- AVAILABLE IN A VARIETY OF SIZES
Whether you’re cooking for your family or a large gathering, we have long grain rice in a variety of sizes ranging from 2lbs to 5lbs.
how to prepare JASMINE rice
- In a medium sauce pan, combine 1 cup of rice with 2 cups of water.
- Bring contents to a boil on med-high heat uncovered.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 18- 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes, covered, before serving
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe dish, combine 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Without removing the cover, cook for an additional 15 minutes at half-power.
- Remove from microwave and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Thai Jasmine White Rice
Family-Owned since 1949. For four generations, La Preferida has been providing authentic Mexican ingredients you can trust. There’s a reason we’re named “The Preferred.” Learn more about our history.