Medium Grain White Rice
UPC CODE: 0 71524 00086 9
Medium Grain White Rice Nutritional Info
- WHY USE MEDIUM GRAIN?
Medium Grain Rice tends to be 2-3x longer than it is wide. The key feature is that the grains produce a tender, chewier texture. They also tend to stick together when cooked which makes them ideal for dishes like risotto and paella.
- VERSATILE PRODUCT
Used in a variety of cultures and cooking styles. Our medium grain white rice is a blank canvas for you to impart your favorite flavors. Season with our All-Purpose Sazón and Adobo for a savory balanced side dish.
- MADE WITH SIMPLE INGREDIENTS
Our enriched medium grain rice is free from artificial colors or preservatives. No salt added. Kosher
- ECONOMICAL CHOICE
Our medium grain rice is a cost-effective solution since it comes in servings of 10+ per bag, not to mention much less sodium than boxed varieties.
- AVAILABLE IN A VARIETY OF SIZES
Whether you’re cooking for your family or a large gathering, we have medium grain rice in a variety of sizes including 5, 10, and 20lb bags.
HOW TO PREPARE MEDIUM GRAIN RICE
YIELDS 3.5 CUPS OF COOKED RICE
- In a medium sauce pan, bring to a boil 1 1/2 cups of water, 2 Tablespoons of butter or margarine and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Add 1 cup of rice, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, until water is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork and season to taste.
To retain vitamins: Do not rinse before or drain after cooking.
medium grain rice, thiamine (thiamine mononitrate), niacin, iron (ferric orthophosphate), folic acid (folate)
Family-Owned since 1949. For four generations, La Preferida has been providing authentic Mexican ingredients you can trust. There’s a reason we’re named “The Preferred.” Learn more about our history.