- WHY PEARL RICE?
Due to its sticky and compact consistency, pearl rice is ideal for dishes where binding ingredients together is essential. Recipes such as sushi rolls or rice pudding often use pearl rice for this reason. It can also be formed into balls and fried for an appetizer or side dish.
- VERSATILE PRODUCT
Used in a variety of cultures and cooking styles. Our pearl rice is a blank canvas for you to impart your favorite flavors. It absorbs seasonings and sauces well, so use as a base for burrito bowls or soups. Serve alongside grilled fish or shrimp and top with salsa.
- MADE WITH SIMPLE INGREDIENTS
Our fancy pearl rice is free from artificial colors or preservatives. No salt added. Kosher
- ECONOMICAL CHOICE
Our long grain rices are a cost-effective solution since they come in servings of 10+ per bag, not to mention much less sodium than boxed varieties.
HOW TO PREPARE PEARL RICE
- Combine 1 cup of rice and and 2 cups of water in a large pot or sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
For firmer rice: reduce water by 1/4 cup
HOW TO USE
- La Preferida Pearl Rice is commonly used to make Paella.
- Mix with chicken for Arroz con Pollo or with Pigeon Peas to create Arroz con Gandules.
- Serve alongside grilled steak, chicken or seafood for a tasty side dish.
|Piña Colada Rice Pudding|
If you like Piña Coladas and getting lost in some grain – this sweet and creamy combo is just for you! Top it off with caramelized pineapple for a tropical treat.
short grain white rice, thiamine (thiamine mononitrate, niacin, iron (ferric orthophosphate) and folic acid (folate).
Family-Owned since 1949. For four generations, La Preferida has been providing authentic Mexican ingredients you can trust. There’s a reason we’re named “The Preferred.” Learn more about our history.