- RICH & MEATY FLAVOR: These rosy frijoles are remarkably similar to pinto beans due to their smooth texture and hearty flavor. Use in place of pinto beans when making refried beans from scratch.
- SOAK UP SPICES: Pinks beans are absorbent little legumes and will take on the flavor profile of whatever dish you add them to making them ideal for Mexican dishes.
- GREAT SOURCE OF FIBER: At 15g per serving, our pink beans provide over half your daily recommended serving of fiber – keeping you fuller for longer.
- ECONOMICAL SOLUTION: Our small red beans are a cost-effective solution since they come in servings of 12+ per bag, not to mention much less sodium than canned varieties.
- FAMILY-OWNED: For four generations, La Preferida has been providing authentic Mexican ingredients you can trust. There’s a reason we’re named “The Preferred.”
Sort and rinse beans. Soak to reduce cook time (use 6 cups of water per 1lb of beans – over soaking may cause beans to split.) Simmer until beans are tender.
Quick soak: Boil beans and water for 2 minutes, remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
Long soak: Let beans stand in water overnight (6-8 hours).
Cook: Simmer until beans are tender, approximately one hour.