Small Red Beans – Dry
0 out of 5 stars (based on 0 reviews)
UPC CODE: 0 71524 01237 4
Small Red Beans – Dry Nutritional Info
- PROTEIN POWERHOUSE: Our red beans might be small in size but pack a mighty protein punch with 8g per serving. Beans are an affordable alternative to costlier meat products.
- GREAT SOURCE OF FIBER: At 16g per serving, our small red beans provide over half your daily recommended serving of fiber – keeping you fuller for longer.
- VARIETY OF USES: Red beans deliver a smooth and creamy texture which makes them ideal for use in soups, stews, and chilis. Serve them alongside rice for an easy, filling dish or toss in a cool summer bean salad.
- ECONOMICAL SOLUTION: Our small red beans are a cost-effective solution since they come in servings of 12+ per bag, not to mention much less sodium than canned varieties.
- FAMILY-OWNED: For four generations, La Preferida has been providing authentic Mexican ingredients you can trust. There’s a reason we’re named “The Preferred.”
Sort and rinse beans. Soak to reduce cook time (use 6 cups of water per 1lb of beans – over soaking may cause beans to split.) Simmer until beans are tender.
Quick soak: Boil beans and water for 2 minutes, remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
Long soak: Let beans stand in water overnight (6-8 hours).
Cook: Simmer until beans are tender, approximately one hour.