- WHY USE LONG GRAIN?
Long Grain Rice as it’s name states, tends to be 4-5x longer than it is wide. The key feature is that the grains stay fluffy yet separate after being cooked and tends to not to clump together. They tend to have a firmer, drier texture and are ideal for side dishes and salads.
- NUTRIENT DENSE
Did you know – brown rice is considered a whole grain? Whole grains contain three parts: the bran, the germ and the endosperm. The bran and germ are more fibrous and are known to aid in digestion.
- VERSATILE PRODUCT
Used in a variety of cultures and cooking styles. Our long grain brown rice is a blank canvas for you to impart your favorite flavors. Season with cilantro, lime juice and avocado for a simple yet flavorful side dish.
- MADE WITH SIMPLE INGREDIENTS
Our long grain brown rice is free from artificial colors or preservatives. No salt added. Kosher
- ECONOMICAL CHOICE
Our long grain brown rice is a cost-effective solution since it comes in servings of 10+ per bag, not to mention much less sodium than boxed varieties.
HOW TO PREPARE BROWN RICE
1. Combine 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring contents to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 45 minutes or until water is absorbed.
4. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff with a fork and serve.
1. Combine 1 3/4 cups of water and 1 cup of rice in a large microwave-safe dish.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 minutes.
3. Reduce power setting to 50% and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
TO RETAIN VITAMINS: Do not rinse before or drain after cooking.
| Chicken and Black Bean Wrap|
This portable protein powerhouse with tender chicken and a bite of black beans is a great grab-and-go treat. The extra fiber will keep you full and satisfied during the busiest of days.
Long grain brown rice
We’ve been keeping it in the family since 1949. For four generations, La Preferida has been providing authentic Mexican ingredients you can trust. There’s a reason we’re named “The Preferred.” Learn more about our history.