- 1 jar La Preferida Thick ‘N Chunky Salsa (16 oz.)
- 1 can La Preferida Black Beans (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 can La Preferida Diced Green Chiles (4 oz.)
- 1 pkg. La Preferida Flour Tortillas (8″)
- 3 chicken breasts, skinless
- 2 cups La Preferida Brown Rice
- 1 cup arugula, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. La Preferida Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. salt and pepper
- garnish: shredded cheddar cheese, guacamole, sour cream
Make a brine by boiling one cup of water with salt. Allow salt to dissolve, then add 1 cup of cold water to the hot water and allow to cool. In a zip bag, combine chicken and brining mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
In the meantime, prepare rice to packaged instructions.
After bringing, pat chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. In a pan, olive oil over medium heat and cook chicken through. Once chicken is done, allow to cool for 5 minutes, then cut into strips — about the size of your thumb.
In a bowl, combine chicken strips with salsa, black beans, and diced green chiles. Warm tortillas to prevent from tearing. Add a thin layer of rice on tortilla to prevent sogginess and top with chicken mixture. Garnish with cheddar cheese, and arugula.