- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Use 3 of the taco seasoning packets to coat the chuck roast pieces.
- Place in a large roasting pan. Add warm water to cover the roast by 2 inches. Cover the pan with foil
Instapot option: Add roast to Instapot. Cover with water by 2″. Cook on HIGH for 75 minutes.
4. Bake for 3 hours. (Check at the 2-hour mark to see if there is still water. If not, add warm water.)
5. At the 3-hour mark, remove the meat from the oven. Test for doneness by shredding it with a fork – should fall apart easily. If not, bake for another 30 minutes.
6. When fully cooked, remove from the oven, and allow to rest for 30 minutes, loosely covered.
7. Shred with 2 forks or your hands (using gloves) and add 2 cartons of enchilada sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit of warm water.
8. Serve over tortillas with pickled onion and cilantro.