- 2lbs broccoli, cut into florets (keep stems long)
- 1 can La Preferida Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups water (saved from cooked broccoli)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of salt
- Bring 4 qts of water + 2 tbsp of salt to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- While broccoli is cooking, add olive oil to a pan and “sweat” onion and garlic. Cook the onion and garlic over low heat, to gently release the flavor without browning or burning.
- When broccoli is done, reserve 2 cups of the cooking water and set aside. Drain the rest.
- In a blender, combine broccoli, onion, garlic, shredded cheese, and cheese sauce. Work in batches if necessary. If the soup is too thick, add 1/2 cup of water at a time until desired consistency. Add salt to taste.