“No joke, if you’re looking for the best Spanish Rice in a box, this is it.
The seasoning is about as perfect as you could ask for, and as long as you follow the easy direction to a T, your rice will come out better than what most Mexican restaurants are capable of serving. I like to make a box of this, and use it in burritos. Good stuff!” – Dako T.
Spanish Rice is a classic side dish for any Mexican meal and for good reason – it’s flavorful, quick, and easy to make! This one-pot wonder can be made in less than 15 minutes.
Need an effortless side dish for steak or fish? Our boxed Spanish rice has you covered. Stressed about what to make for your next potluck? Our Mexican Lasagna recipe with a side of Spanish Rice is a party staple. With just 8 ingredients and takes less than an hour to make – it’s a win-win across the board!
For a richer taste, combine with our pico de gallo, thick n’ chunky salsa, tomato sauce, or chicken stock. Spanish Rice is the ultimate comfort food year-round. Serve alongside kabobs in the summer or for a hearty burrito bowl in the winter. You can even mix it with black beans or pinto beans for vegetarian style stuffed bell peppers.
- READY IN JUST 15 MINUTES
Creating authentic Mexican cuisine at home is no longer a chore thanks to our quick-cook dehydrated boxed Spanish rice. Just add water, bring to a boil, add Spanish rice seasoning packet, cover, and let simmer.
- MEXICAN MEAL ESSENTIAL
No meal is complete without a fluffy side dish of savory rice. Chunks of red and green bell pepper add texture and natural layers of flavor to this household staple.
- VEGAN & VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY
Our boxed rice mix contains no animal products! Enjoy our quick-cook “arroz” as a fragrant side dish or make it the star of the evening with our Vegetarian Mushroom and Brussels Sprout Taquito Recipe. (see link below)
- NO ARTIFICIAL COLORS OR PRESERVATIVES
- NO TOP 8 ALLERGENS ADDED
This product does not contain: Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean shellfish, Tree nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans
How to Prepare
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 2/3 cups of water to a boil. Add contents of the Spanish Rice seasoning packet and stir well.
- Bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand, covered, for 8 minutes. Stir before serving.
EASY STOVETOP MEALS
By adding just a few simple ingredients after preparing our rice mix, you can transform your dish into a whole new meal! Our Spanish Rice can be combined with a variety of cuisines like Asian or Caribbean for fresh, fusion flavors!
- Latin Style Paella: 1 cup cooked chicken, 1/2 cup cooked Spanish chorizo, 1/2 cup cooked shrimp. Stir into cooked Spanish rice and serve.
- Asian-Inspired Kale Fried Rice: 1/2 cup scrambled eggs, 1/2 cup chopped kale, 2 Tbls soy sauce. Stir into cooked Spanish rice, and serve.
- Chicken & Rice Tortilla Soup: 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken, 1 sliced jalapeño pepper, 1/8 cup chicken broth, 3 tortillas toasted and chopped. Add cooked Spanish rice and serve.
- Caribbean Rice: 4 Tbls La Preferida Mojo Marinade, 1 cup cooked chicken or pork. Add cooked Spanish rice and serve.
Spanish Rice recipes
|Mushroom and Brussels Sprouts Taquitos (Vegetarian)|
You won’t miss the meat in this vegetarian taquito! Sink your teeth into shredded sprouts and earthy mushrooms, wrapped in a crunchy pan-seared tortilla.
|Turkey Meatballs with Arroz Verde|
Your date night dinner is only 10 ingredients away! Try our juicy turkey meatballs alongside zesty arroz verde for a meal sure to impress – ready in 60 min! Using our boxed spanish rice cuts down on cook time while you relax with a glass of wine.
PRECOOKED LONG GRAIN RICE (ENRICHED WITH NIACIN, IRON, THIAMIN, AND FOLIC ACID), DEHYDRATED ONION, SALT, DEHYDRATED TOMATO, CANOLA OIL, PALM OIL, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, DEHYDRATED GREEN BELL PEPPERS, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, PAPRIKA, HYDROLYZED CORN PROTEIN, CHILI POWDER (CHILI PEPPER, SPICES, SALT, GARLIC POWDER), SPICES, DEHYDRATED GARLIC, DEHYDRATED RED BELL PEPPERS, OLEORESIN PAPRIKA, LESS THAN 2% SILICON DIOXIDE (TO PREVENT CAKING).
Family-Owned since 1949. For four generations, La Preferida has been providing authentic Mexican ingredients you can trust. There’s a reason we’re named “The Preferred.” Learn more about our history.