- 1 lb baby bella mushrooms
- ½ lb Brussels Sprouts
- 2-5oz boxes La Preferida Spanish Rice
- 1 pkt La Preferida Organic Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon La Preferida Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons La Preferida Diced Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 tablespoons La Preferida Olive Oil (reserved for frying)
- 1 bottle La Preferida Pico de Gallo
Rinse mushrooms and slice. Wash Brussels Sprouts and slice thin (like a slaw).
Prepare Spanish Rice according to package directions. Keep warm. In a hot, dry pan, sweat mushrooms for about 3 minutes until they release their water and the water evaporates. Add Brussels sprouts and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cook for 2 minutes. Add taco seasoning and diced green chiles. Mix well. Add ¼ cup water, turn off heat, and stir in golden raisins.
Warm tortillas (in microwave or in a dry pan over low heat) to make them soft and pliable.
Add 2 tablespoons of mushroom mixture at the edge of the tortilla and roll tightly. (Secure with toothpick if needed). Place seam side down and set aside.
In a pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Once heated, place a few taquitos seam side down to seal. (Leave room to roll.) Begin to brown tortillas all around by gently rolling every few minutes.
Once browned, remove from heat and place on a paper towel. Blot to remove excess oil. Serve with Spanish Rice and top with Pico de Gallo Salsa.