- 1lb pork stew meat. (Substitute with ground turkey, sliced chicken breast, or shrimp)
- 1 pkt. La Preferida Organic Al Pastor Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup of water
- 8 corn tortillas
- La Preferida Avocado Tomatillo Salsa (Hot or Mild)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- Lime wedges
- Heat olive in a large pan over med/high heat.
- Add meat to the pan and crumble. Cook until browned.
- When the meat is cooked through, add seasoning and mix well.
- Add water and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and allow the meat to cool slightly.
- Serve over warm tortillas and top with Avocado Tomatillo salsa, diced onion, cilantro and fresh lime.
Did you know?
Al Pastor means “shepherd style” due to the fact that the technique was brought over by Lebanese immigrants to Mexico. The flavors evolved to incorporate native spices, chilis, and fresh pineapple.