- 1 pkg. chorizo, mild or hot
- 1/2 cup La Preferida Refried Beans with Spicy Chipotle
- 2 torta buns (bolillos)
- cheese – your choice (we recommend crumbled queso fresco)
- 1 green tomatillo, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 jar La Preferida Jalapeño Nacho Slices (11.5 oz.)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
In a skillet, prepare chorizo according to package instructions. Once done, place on paper to drain excess oil.
In a small pot, heat refried beans and set aside. Cover to keep warm.
Slice the bread bun horizontally and toast until lightly brown and crisp. Spread refried beans on torta slices, layer with cheese, chorizo, tomatillos, onions, jalapeño, lettuce, and avocado slices. Top with the other half and serve.