- 15 oz can La Preferida Authentic Refried Black Beans + 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup queso fresco, cubed – reserve 1/2 for topping
- 16 oz bottle La Preferida Avocado Tomatillo Salsa (Mild or Hot)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup kale – washed, dried, and finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons La Preferida Organic Taco Seasoning
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup La Preferida Organic Pico de Gallo
- Optional: 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Warm refried black beans in a large pan and add water to create a thinner consistency. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool (approx 15 mins). In a bowl, mix together Avocado Tomatillo Salsa, Taco Seasoning, and greek yogurt. Add kale and queso fresco and set aside.
Spread the cooled beans evenly into a dish or container for the first layer. Follow with Avocado dip for the next layer. Take ½ cup of queso fresco and place over ⅓ section of the dish. Pour pico de gallo into the middle ⅓ section of the dish, followed by black olives on the last ⅓. Should resemble stripes.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes and add optional cilantro for garnish.
NOTE: Refried Beans should be cooked in a pan, not a pot, so they will cool down more quickly.