Salsa Verde is a unique and tangy salsa made from tomatillos. Tomatillos are native to Mexico and Central America and are commonly used to make soups, jams, and even chutney. Due to their tart taste, they are often roasted and blended to be used in sauces and salsas. Our Organic Salsa Verde delivers fresh, authentic flavors made with simple ingredients like tomatillos, onion, and cilantro. Pour onto eggs, omelets, and frittatas for a bit of tang. Incorporate into salads and burrito bowls for added flavor and minimal calories. Toss with roasted veggies for a different seasoning profile. Did you know you can make fresh Salsa Verde with just three simple ingredients? Combine a can of our Whole Green Tomatillos, fresh cilantro, add a dash of salt - blend until smooth. Store salsa in an airtight container, it will stay fresh for 7-10 days. Use as a base for soup or baked meats and seafood for a tangy new twist. Mix with rice for an elegant yet simple side dish.
"I used the Organic Salsa Verde in a chicken dish - delicious! I will be ordering more so I can keep that Salsa Verde chicken recipe in the rotation." - K.A.
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC Made with real organic vegetables (no flavorings or powders) like fresh green tomatillos, onion, jalapeños, garlic, and cilantro.
- FRESH FROM-THE-GARDEN FLAVOR This irresistible organic green salsa isn't your average chip dip. Our versatile Verde hits your tastebuds with a dynamic blend of flavor in every bite! (We eat it straight off of the spoon.)
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS - MADE BY A CHEF Our Organic Salsa Verde is crafted by our own corporate chef. Free from artificial preservatives, coloring, or added sugars.
- VERSATILE PRODUCT Perfect for egg-based dishes, salad dressings, or even as a meat and seafood marinade all on its own
- VEGAN & VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY Free from all animal products.
Quick USES for organic Salsa verde
- Use our fresh, green salsa as a bright and colorful base for turkey lentil chili, a topping for your burrito bowl, or brunch companion for your eggs.
- Marinade chicken, pork, or seafood for a tangy new twist!
- Pour straight from the jar as a chip dip - just like your favorite Mexican restaurant!
- Use in place of salad dressing or as a base for soup, like Pozole Verde.
Salsa Verde recipesWe take pride in creating Mexican recipes with a modern twist. Our goal is to create dishes that are delicious, affordable, and authentic. Our very own Chef Mario Morales (or as we like to call him “Chef La Pref”) has created most of the recipes featured here on our website. Learn more about Chef Mario. [playlist type="video" ids="13415,13405,13407,13409,13431,15853,15877,15879"]
Chipotle Chicken Tinga Tostadas Liven up your meals with a tostada bar! These super simple Chipotle Chicken Tinga Tostadas are no work and a lot of fun, just let the crockpot do the work! All you have to do is top your tostadas with your favorite salsa and enjoy!
Shrimp Salsa Verde Orzo Salad This simple Summer salad is ideal for picnics, bbqs, birthday parties and more! A mix of bright crunchy veggies mixed with succulent shrimp and tossed in a tomatillo salsa with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro.
Instapot Turkey Lentil Chili with Salsa Verde A quick and healthy recipe that's great for mid-week meals. Lean turkey and hearty lentils make this chili a protein power combination and salsa verde adds just the right amount of spice. Just chuck all these ingredients in your Instapot and et voila!
Mini Breakfast Frittatas with Salsa Verde This one-pan wonder makes brunch prep a breeze! Enjoy a breakfast south of the border with these taco-inspired frittatas. They only take 10 minutes to make, plus you can freeze them for up to two months.
Meal-Prep Organic Chicken Burrito Bowl Adios fast-food chains, these burrito bowls are a much healthier and, dare we say it, tastier alternative. Seasoned with smoky Al Pastor Taco Seasoning and packed with protein from chicken thighs and black beans - these bowls are the perfect grab-n-go meal.
Campfire-Style Al Pastor Salmon with Potato Hash Bring back campfire memories with a delicious smokey blend of sweet and spicy. These roasted salmon pouches are served with a hearty helping of red potato, squash, and poblano pepper hash - all cooked in a single foil wrapping. Dinner has never been easier, or quicker to clean-up!
Wheat Berry and Avocado Salad "Wheat Berries" aka wheat kernels make for a refreshing new twist on salads when paired with creamy avocado and tangy salsa verde. Earthy poblanos, juicy tomatoes, and crunchy cauliflower round out this veggie-packed dish! Add baked chicken or fish for the ultimate on-the-go lunch.
organic green tomatillo, organic jalapeño pepper, organic onion, organic cilantro, organic corn starch, sea salt, organic garlic, xanthan gum.
We've been keeping it in the family since 1949. La Preferida has been providing authentic Mexican ingredients you can trust. There's a reason we're named "The Preferred." Read about our full history.