- 1 lb. raw shrimp (approx. 41-50 ct), peeled, deveined, tail off
- 2 cups orzo, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon La Preferida Adobo Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons La Preferida Olive Oil
- 1 packet La Preferida Organic Fish Taco Seasoning
For the salad:
- 1 ½ cups La Preferida Salsa Verde
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small seedless cucumber, sliced
- 1- 15oz can La Preferida Low Sodium Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1- 4oz can La Preferida Organic Diced Green Chiles
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cut into small chunks
- ¼ small red onion, sliced
- 1 large lime, juiced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
Bring water to a boil and add Adobo seasoning. Cook orzo according to package instructions but remove 1 minute off of the cook time. (This will keep your pasta al dente for the salad and prevent overcooking.)
When pasta is done, remove from heat and drain. Rinse in cold water and allow to cool down. Fold in olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
Prepare shrimp according to shrimp taco directions on La Preferida Fish Taco Seasoning packet. Cool down.
In a large bowl, combine orzo, shrimp, and toppings. Add fresh lime juice and cilantro. Mix well and serve.