- Non-stick vegetable oil/ cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 pkt. La Preferida Organic Taco Seasoning
- ½ cup La Preferida Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed (set aside)
- 1 Tablespoon La Preferida Organic Mild Jalapeños, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- La Preferida Organic Salsa Verde, served on the side
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Spray muffin tins thoroughly with non-stick spray. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and taco seasoning until combined. Stir in jalapeños and cilantro.
Fill muffin tin with ⅓ egg mixture. Divide black beans evenly into muffin tins.
Place muffin tin in the oven and bake until egg mixture begins to puff and sets in the center. (Approx. 25 min for regular size or 15 minutes for mini.) Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes. If necessary, use a rubber spatula to loosen frittatas from the tin. Serve warm with salsa verde.
Chef La Pref Tips:
- Freeze frittatas for up to 2 months.
- To reheat: cover in the microwave and cook on med heat at 30-sec increments.
- Serve as a breakfast sandwich between bread, on a bagel or in a tortilla. Serve with chipotle mayo.