- Organic chicken thighs, boneless, skinless – 5 total (about 1lb.)
- 1 pkt. La Preferida Organic Al Pastor Seasoning
- 2 bell peppers, sliced thin
- medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 pkt. La Preferida Organic Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tbls La Preferida Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 375 F.
For the fajita vegetables: In a large bowl, combine olive oil, onions, bell peppers, and taco seasoning. Mix well until evenly coated and set aside.
On a large plate, empty out the Al Pastor Seasoning and use it to coat the chicken evenly.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the chicken on one sheet and vegetables on the other. Place in the oven and check vegetales after 15 minutes. Continue to bake chicken until cooked through (approx. 30 minutes.)
Chef La Pref Tip: Cook chicken and vegetables at the same time. Remove vegetables after 15 minutes and allow chicken to continue cooking.
While the chicken and vegetables are cooking, prepare the rice according to package directions. Once cooked, fluff and spread out on a plate to cool down.
Strain beans and combine in a pan with green chiles over medium heat. Bring to a simmer then remove from stove.
To prepare the bowls:
Slice chicken thighs and set aside. Layer rice in a bowl followed by fajita vegetables, black beans, and chicken on top. Drizzle with 3 Tablespoons of salsa verde. Serve.
Slice chicken thighs and set aside. Place rice in the corner of each container. Fajita vegetables in another corner and black beans in a third corner (to prevent sogginess.) Place chicken in the middle and cover with approx. 3 Tablespoons of salsa verde.
Will remain fresh up to 5 days in the fridge.
Chef La Pref tips:
- Al Pastor means “shepherd style” due to the fact that the technique was brought over by Lebanese immigrants to Mexico. The flavors evolved to incorporate native spices, chilis, and fresh pineapple.