- 6 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 2 Tbsp. La Preferida Olive Oil
- 6 Tbsp. La Preferida Chipotle Peppers
- 29 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. La Preferida Sazón
- 1 pkt. of La Preferida Organic Taco Seasoning
- 16oz can of La Preferida Refried Black Beans
- 1 pkg. tostadas (12 count)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- lime wedges
- Optional: La Preferida Pico de Gallo Salsa or La Preferida Salsa Verde
Total Time 4 hours on high —or— Total Time 7 hours on low
Pat chicken dry.
In a skillet, heat olive oil and sear chicken on both sides until golden brown (about 2 minutes per side). Work in batches if necessary. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
Blend chipotle peppers and Sazón into a purée. Add chipotle purée to crockpot along with garlic, fajita seasoning, and tomatoes – mix well. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through (4 hours set on high or 7 hours set on low).
In a pot, warm refried black beans. Spread beans on a tostada and top with chicken. Garnish with salsas, avocado, and a squeeze of lime juice.