- 1 bottle La Preferida Pico de Gallo Salsa (16 oz.)
- 1 bottle La Preferida Salsa Verde (16 oz.)
- 1 can La Preferida Refried Black Beans (16 oz.)
- 1 pkt. La Preferida Fajita Seasoning (1.25 oz.)
- 6 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 pkg. tostadas (12 count)
- 1 can tomato strips (29 oz.)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 6 Tbsp. La Preferida Chipotle Peppers, pureed
- 2 Tbsp. La Preferida Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. La Preferida Sazón
- lime wedges
Total Time 4 hours on high —or— Total Time 7 hours on low
Pat chicken dry.
In a skillet, heat olive oil and sear chicken on both sides until golden brown (about 2 minutes per side). Work in batches if necessary. Place chicken in crockpot.
Blend chipotle peppers into a purée. Add chipotle purée to crockpot along with sazón, garlic, fajita seasoning, and tomatoes — mix well. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through (4 hours set on high or 7 hours set on low).
In a pot, warm refried black beans. Spread beans on a tostada and top with chicken. Garnish with salsa, avocado, and a squeeze of lime juice.