- 15 oz can La Preferida Whole Kernel Corn, strain and rinse
- 10 oz can La Preferida Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 pkt. La Preferida Fajita Seasoning
- 10 oz can petite tomatoes, drained
- 6 corn tortillas
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 butternut squash
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 Tbls La Preferida Olive Oil
- 1 Tbls tomato paste
- Optional garnish: queso fresco, avocado
Ingredients: Radish & Cilantro Topper
- 10 radishes, sliced thin
- 4 medium limes, juiced
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
Wash butternut squash, peel, and cut into cubes ½ inch cubes. You only need three cups of diced squash.
In large dutch oven or soup pot, heat 2 Tbsp. of olive oil and sauté onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper — stir constantly. Add minced garlic, fajita seasoning, enchilada sauce, and tomato paste — sauté for 2 minutes. Add buternut squash and diced tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Add vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally. Cook for 20 minutes or until squash is tender. Fold in cilantro. In a pan, heat tortillas until lightly burnt and cut into strips.
Scoop chowder into bowl and top with queso fresco and tortilla strips.