- 3 lbs. pork butt, boneless
- 15 oz can La Preferida Refried Black Beans
- 2 dozen tostadas
- 12oz bottle of beer (your choice)
- 1 cup La Preferida Mojo Marinade
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 packets La Preferida Organic Al Pastor Taco Seasoning
Ingredients: Corn Salsa
- 2 sprigs cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup La Preferida Whole Kernel Corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- pinch of salt
- La Preferida Jalapeño Nacho Slices, chopped (to taste)
Ingredients: Pickled Red Onions
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 oz. lime juice,
- 1 tsp black pepper
- pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350º
Pat pork butt dry with paper towel and season with salt. Place in an oven-safe pan.
In a bowl, combine Al Pastor Seasoning, a bottle of beer, apple cider vinegar, and mojo marinade — mix well.Pour over pork butt and place in the oven for 30 minutes, uncovered.
After 30 minutes, lower heat to 325º and flip pork over, and cover with a sheet of parchment or wax paper, followed by a sheet of tinfoil. Flip pork every hour for the next three hours. If liquid is low, add water.
Liquid should cover just under the height of the containe (around 4-6″ )
When done, allow the pork to rest for 15 minutes, then shred with two forks.
While pork bakes, pickle onions by placing them in a jar and covering them in lime juice and sprinkling salt over them. Let them sit for 30 minutes.
While the onions pickle, prepare corn salsa in a mixing bowl. Combine tomato, onion, cilantro, garlic, corn, cumin, salt, jalapeños, and lime — mix well.
Heat refried beans on stove top and spread on each tostada. Top with pulled pork, corn salsa, and pickled onions.