For the Salad:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 Tbls La Preferida Olive Oil
- 2 Tbls Organic La Preferida Agave
- 1 cup La Preferida Purple Hominy, drained
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 15 oz can La Preferida Kidney Beans, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbls La Preferida Olive Oil
- 2 Tbls La Preferida Organic Diced Green Chiles
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 cup La Preferida Olive Oil
- 2 cups apple cider
- 3 Tbls apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside in a bowl.
Toss butternut squash in 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper, and agave. Spread on baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes.
Coat pumpkin seeds in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes in the oven.
Prepare vinaigrette by sautéing onion in a 1 tbps. olive oil from the cup measured, for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned. Add apple cider and cook until it has reduced by half over medium heat, Remove from heat.
Pour apple cider vinegar into a blender along with onion, garlic, and salt and blend on lowest speed, gradually adding the cup of olive oil until emulsified.
In a large bowl, combine quinoa, squash, kale, hominy, beans, dill, pumpkin seeds, and green chiles. Slowly add dressing and fold into salad. Taste for seasoning.