- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 pkt. La Preferida Fajita Seasoning (1.25 oz.)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. La Preferida Olive Oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. La Preferida Tomato Paste
- 2 cans La Preferida Salsa Casera (8 oz.)
- 1 qt. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can La Preferida Frijoles Charros (15 oz.)
- 1 can La Preferida Hominy (29 oz.), drained
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 350º
Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Season chicken with ½ of the fajita seasoning and salt. In an oven-safe baking dish, spread chicken thighs evenly, add ½ cup of water, and roast for 30 minutes.
In a large pot, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, and remainder of fajita seasoning until onion is translucent. Add tomato paste and salsa casera, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, frijoles charros, and hominy.
Once chicken is done, pull out of the oven and cool for 5 minutes, then cut into chunks. Add chicken to pot along with pan drippings and cilantro. Simmer all ingredients in pot for 1 hour, occasionally stirring with a wooden spoon and scraping the bottom. Once done, serve with warm tortillas and sliced avocado as a garnish. Thin out with more broth if needed.