- 2 cans La Preferida Salsa Casera (8 oz.)
- 1 can La Preferida Hominy (29 oz.), drained
- 1 can La Preferida Frijoles Charros (15 oz.)
- 1 pkt. La Preferida Fajita Seasoning (1.25 oz.)
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 qrt. chicken broth
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. La Preferida Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. La Preferida Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp. La Preferida Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 350º
Pat dry with paper towel. Season chicken with corn oil, ½ of the fajita seasoning, and salt. On an oven-safe baking dish, spread chicken thighs evenly, add ½ cup of water, and roast for 30 minutes.
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, and remainder of fajita seasoning until onion is translucent. Add tomato paste and salsa casera, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, frijoles charros, and hominy.
Once chicken is done, pull out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes, then cut into chunks. Add chicken to pot along with pan drippings and cilantro. Simmer all ingredients in the pot for 1 hour, occasionally stirring with a wooden spoon and scraping the bottom. Once done, serve with warm tortillas and sliced avocado as a garnish. Thin out with more broth if needed.
*Nutritional information refers to the lowest servings size, and reflects the entire recipe and not just products and ingredients used.