- 6 eggs
- 3 Tbsp La Preferida Vegetable Oil + 1 Tbsp (reserve)
- 1 pkg. corn tortillas (10 ct.)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup green/red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. bottle La Preferida Pico de Gallo Salsa **
- 4 oz. can La Preferida Diced Green Chiles
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Prepare eggs sunny-side-up:
Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a skillet over low heat for approx. 5 minutes. Crack the egg into a small ramekin or bowl. Slowly add egg to skillet without breaking the yolk. Repeat with remaining eggs. Be careful not to crowd the skillet, you may have to do this in multiple rounds.
Cover the skillet with the lid and cook for approx. 2 minutes or until whites are set and yolk is still runny. Slide the eggs off of the skillet onto a plate. Set aside.
For the sauce:
In a large skillet, heat 3 Tbsp of oil over medium heat. Fry tortillas on both sides until lightly browned (approx. 15-30 sec each side). Set aside on paper towels to remove excess oil.
With the remaining oil, sauté onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until peppers are tender. Add salsa and diced green chiles. Bring salsa to a boil – then remove from heat.
Top each tortilla with salsa, egg, and cheese. Garnish with cilantro.
CHEF LA PREF TIPS:
- Break eggs in a dish beforehand to prevent eggshells from falling into your meal. If a shell does fall in, use a larger shell to scoop it out – it will stick!
- ** Substitute Pico de Gallo for Organic Pico de Gallo, Organic Salsa Verde or Mild Avocado Tomatillo Salsa