- 1 bag La Preferida Lentils (1 lb.)
- 1 can La Preferida Pigeon Peas / Gandules (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
- 15 — La Preferida Jalapeño Nacho Slices
- 12 sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp. pepitas
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
Prepare lentils according to package instructions. When lentils are nearly done, add salt and finish cooking — avoid overcooking or lentils will become mushy.
While lentils cook, place pepitas in an oven-safe pan and toast them for 5-7 minutes at 350º. Drain and rinse pigeon peas and set aside.
Once lentils are done, drain and rinse them in cold water for about 3 minutes. Allow lentils to sit and cool down to room temperature.
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well, allowing flavors to blend. Season to taste and serve.