- 1 lb. fresh scallops
- 1 can cooked beets, sliced and drained
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 Tbsp. La Preferida Olive Oil
- ½ cup + 3 Tbsp. toasted pepita seeds (set aside)
- 1 naval orange
- 1 blood orange
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 Tbsp La Preferida Red Jalapeño Nacho Slices
- 1½ Tbsp La Preferida Adobo with Pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 7 oz. can La Preferida Diced Green Chiles
- 1½ cup La Preferida Olive Oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Agave
Preheat oven to 350º F
In a bowl, toss beets and cauliflower in olive and salt. Move to a baking sheet and spread evenly. Roast for 15 minutes.
Place pepitas on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, and toast for 7 minutes. Set aside to cool — reserve 3 Tbsp. for garnish. The rest goes into vinaigrette.
To prepare vinaigrette, combine olive oil, diced green chiles, apple cider vinegar, agave nectar, and pepitas in a blender and blend until smooth. Easily store dressing in a mason jar and shake if it separates.
Segment oranges and grapefruit and set aside. Slice red onions, avocado, and set aside. Trim fennel by removing fronds, cut into quarters and slice thin.
In a bowl, combine all vegetables and fruits and toss with ½ cup of vinaigrette. Set aside.
Pat dry scallops and season with adobo seasoning.
Heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a pan and sear scallops on both sides until golden brown and cooked through (roughly 2 minutes per side).
Serve salad and top with scallops and garnish with pepitas and red jalapeños.
CHEF LA PREF TIPS:
- Use dry scallops for a better sear – gently pat dry with a paper towel prior to cooking.
- You can substitute scallops with 1 lb. of shrimp (31-40 ct.), tossed in 2 Tbsp. of olive oil and 2 Tbsp. of adobo seasoning. Roast for 6 minutes at 350º
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write a review