- 2 Tbsp. La Preferida Olive Oil
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced small
- 1 pkt. La Preferida Organic Al Pastor Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup La Preferida Cactus (Nopalitos), rinsed and drained
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 Tbsp. La Preferida Red Jalapeño Slices
- La Preferida Avocado Tomatillo Salsa, Mild – to taste
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro, rinsed, dried, and chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once heated, add cauliflower, bell peppers, onions, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 7-10 minutes stirring frequently until the cauliflower has softened and the onions have caramelized.
Reduce heat to low and stir in pineapple and Al Pastor taco seasoning. Simmer for 2 minutes until the sauce has reduced and the vegetables are thoroughly coated. There will be sauce left in the pan.
Remove pan from heat and stir in cilantro and cactus. Set aside. Warm tortillas in the microwave or on the stove top. Layer with cauliflower mixture and drizzle with remaining sauce from pan. Top with red jalapeño slices and Avocado Tomatillo Salsa.
Chef La Pref tips:
- Al Pastor means “shepherd style” due to the fact that the technique was brought over by Lebanese immigrants to Mexico. The flavors evolved to incorporate native spices, chilis, and fresh pineapple.