- 1 lb. bag La Preferida Lentils
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. pepitas
- 2-15 oz. cans La Preferida Whole Kernel Corn, drained and rinsed
- 2-15 oz. cans La Preferida Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups kale, washed and patted dry
- 1 pint blueberries, washed and dried
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
Ingredients: Avocado Dressing
- 2 avocados, pitted and scooped
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp La Preferida Diced Green Chiles
- ½ cup of water
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ bunch of cilantro, washed and dried
- ½ tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350º
Cook lentils according to package instructions.
When cooked, strain and gently rinse in cold water. Set aside 2 cups (or double the recipe to use the whole bag). When cooled, add onion and garlic.
On a baking sheet or pan, toast pepitas at 350º for 7 minutes. Set aside.
To prepare avocado dressing, combine avocados, apple cider vinegar, diced green chiles, water, lime, salt, and cilantro in a blender and blend until smooth. If too thick, add 1-2 Tbsp. of water.
Mix a ½ cup of avocado dressing with lentils and fold in corn, beans, and purple cabbage. Taste for seasoning. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine kale and 1 cup of avocado dressing. Top with lentil salad and garnish with blueberries, cherry tomatoes and pepitas.
CHEF LA PREF TIPS:
- Use leftover lentils in another salad or use them to thicken soups and stews.