- 2 cups La Preferida Tender Cactus (Nopalitos)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 ½ cup broccoli, blanched
- 1 ½ cup La Preferida Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup feta cheese or vegan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
Ingredients: Naranja Agria Vinaigrette
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup La Preferida Olive Oil
- ¼ cup La Preferida Naranja Agria Marinade
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
Drain and rinse the cactus under cool water.
In a large bowl, combine and toss cactus, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, broccoli, chick peas, and feta cheese, seasoning with salt and pepper — to taste. Allow to sit for flavors to combine.
In a blender, prepare vinaigrette by combining naranja agria marinade, olive oil, garlic, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over salad and let sit for a few minutes to enhance flavor.
Chef La Pref Tip
Blanching 101: Boil 4 cups of water with 2 Tbsp. of salt. Add broccoli (or other vegetable) and boil for 1 minute. Using a colander, drain water and soak broccoli in cold water for 1 minute.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write a review