You will need an 8″ square baking pan, preferably 2″ deep.
- 1lb ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-10oz pkg La Preferida Enchilada Sauce (red or green)
- 1 pkt La Preferida Taco Seasoning
- 2 -4oz cans La Preferida Diced Green Chiles ( 1 can for beef, 1 can for batter)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (1 cup for beef, 1 cup for batter)
- 1 box corn muffin mix
- milk and eggs (check muffin mix box for quantities)
FOR THE FILLING
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium-size pan over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Add beef and brown for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add taco seasoning and 1 can of green chiles. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add enchilada sauce and cook for 2 minutes or until beef is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, mix in cheese, and set aside.
- Make corn muffin mix according to package directions.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and 1 can of green chiles.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Spread beef in an even layer across 8″ square baking pan. DO NOT GREASE
- Spoon corn mix batter evenly over the top of the beef. Optional: sprinkle additional cheddar cheese on top for a nice crust.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 400 F. Check at the 30-minute mark by poking a toothpick (at an angle) about 1″ into the batter. If the toothpick comes out dry, it is done. If not, bake for a few more minutes and check again.
- Cool for 10 minutes prior to serving.
- Warm in the oven at 325 F for 20 minutes.
- Individual portions can be heated in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Place baking pan/casserole on baking sheet for easier handling when using the oven.
For an extra kick add 1 cup of LP Salsa Ranchera extra hot or Our Organic Mild Salsa.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write a review