- 2lbs chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pkt La Preferida Fajita Seasoning
- 1lb yukon potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2-11oz cans La Preferida Green Tomatillos
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 2-15oz cans La Preferida Chick Peas
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over med/high heat and sear the chicken on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan or slow cooker, combine 1 cup of chicken broth and fajita seasoning. Bring to a simmer.
- Pour contents of the pan into the slow cooker, along with chicken, potatoes, and remainder of chicken broth. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through – 4 hours on high, or 8 hours on low. Shred the chicken and keep in the crockpot.
- Make the salsa by blending kale, tomatillos, cilantro, garlic, serrano, and chickpeas. Pour into the stew and serve.