- 2lbs chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pkt La Preferida Fajita Seasoning
- 1lb yukon potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2-11oz cans La Preferida Green Tomatillos
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 2-15oz cans La Preferida Chick Peas
- 16 oz bottle La Preferida Salsa Verde and 2-15oz cans La Preferida Chickpeas – blend.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over med/high heat and sear the chicken on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan or slow cooker, combine 1 cup of chicken broth and fajita seasoning. Bring to a simmer.
- Pour contents of the pan into the slow cooker, along with chicken, potatoes, and remainder of chicken broth. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through – 4 hours on high, or 8 hours on low. Shred the chicken and keep in the crockpot.
- Make the salsa by blending kale, tomatillos, cilantro, garlic, serrano, and chickpeas. Pour into the stew and serve.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write a review