- 1 jar La Preferida Thick ‘N Chunky Salsa (16 oz.)
- 1 can La Preferida Black Beans (15 oz.)
- 1 can La Preferida Red Kidney Beans (15 oz.)
- 1 can La Preferida Sweet Peas (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 can La Preferida Diced Green Chiles (4 oz.)
- 1 pkt. La Preferida Chili Seasoning (1.25 oz.)
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 green tomatillo, chopped
- 2 cups croutons
- 1 ½ cup La Preferida Whole Kernel Corn, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup seeded cucumber, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
In a large mixing bowl, combine black beans, kidney beans, sweet peas, corn, green onions, bell peppers, cucumbers, and diced green chiles — mix well.
In a separate bowl, combine salsa, lime juice, and chili seasoning. Mix well and pour over bean salad. Add cilantro, tomatillo, and croutons and mix gently. Allow salad to sit in room temperature for about 30 minutes. If not serving immediately, refrigerate afterwards.
Chef La Pref Tip:
Make your own croutons — day-old bread like Italian loaf, baguette or bolillos work well for homemade croutons. Cut your bread into squares about the size of a nickel, and season with salt and black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil, lay on a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, and throw them in the oven for 10 minutes at 350º.